Need to reset your Windows Vista user password? You can log on as an administrator to reset Vista password on command prompt.
1) Press F8 when your Windows Vista PC is booting. You will come to the Advanced Boot Options. Then choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
2) Enter safe mode with an available admin account.
3) Type “net user” and press Enter. The command prompt will show you all accounts on the Windows Vista PC.
4) Type “net user Teery abc” (Teery is your account name, it can be all other user and administrator accounts, and abc is the new password) and press Enter. Now you have successfully created a new password for the account.
5) Type “shutdown -r -t 00” and press Enter.
Your Windows Vista PC should be rebooted automatically and then you can logon Windows Vista with the new password.
If your computer has more than one administrator accounts, then you can log on as some administrator account to reset all other users and administrators password with the same methord.
If you cant remember your only administrator password, you need to use Windows password recovery tool to reset the password, or reinstall your system with Boot-CD. If you have created a Windows password reset disk, you also can easily reset your Windows password with it.
How to create Windows password reset disk
How to use Windows password reset disk to recover Windows password
Windows password reset tool to reset Windows password